Pages

My Favourite Rule to Break

December 12, 2013

My favourite rule to break is the one that states that a room should have no more than one animal print. The fear is that with two or more animal prints a room may veer into tacky safari territory and while this is a valid fear, if one is careful, two or more animal prints can be pulled off with great success.

(via)


In fact I'd like to make a step forward and create a new rule, for myself at least. Every room should have an animal print, even a small touch. Look at this bedroom designed by Miles Redd. Dare I say the cheetah carpet takes the room from overly traditional to fun and sexy?


And here are a few more homes that make ample use of natures greatest patterns…



Aerin Lauder



"Zebrine"












6 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. Love the tiger silk and a leopard floor. Stunning photos...
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I missed your beautiful blog? I couldn't agree more - just love an animal print in all shapes and sizes!! Thrilled to be your newest follower ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was torn with this dilemma in my own library I did great velvet leopard pillows and then fell in love with a great linen moss green zebra print for chair seats... maybe I will go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You published a well designed home. This designed is really very famous and i loved this design. Interior design ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that room with the wobbly stripes REALLY broke the rules but it looks good. I love the dark wall trend and think it totally works in the right space.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never ever ever have too much animal print!! :)

    ReplyDelete