Pages

Outlet for my obsession

April 8, 2013

Hi, I'm Natalie and I'm a designaholic. I have an obsession with all things interior decor related that keeps me up into the wee hours saying to myself, "Just a few more minutes." Hunting for furniture, lighting, and accessories online and in person consumes my spare time (and cuts into my study time if I'm being honest). Reading shelter magazines and blogs is pastime that makes me giddy. This is an addiction I do not wish to recover from.

I've started a blog in the past but gave it up due to the unnecessary stress I put on myself regarding spelling and grammar. Writing anything to be read by another human being gives me temporary OCD, wondering if I've punctuated my sentences correctly and used proper grammar. So this time around I'm going to do my best to keep my temp OCD to a minimum and focus on the parts I do enjoy. Posts won't likely be daily, I do have to drag myself away from this to study.

The focus of this blog is going to be what inspires me and the process of decorating my new apartment (oddly, I don't like the word "decorating". Suggestions for alternatives are more than welcome). Previously I was in a teeny bachelor no more than 350 sq ft so the new place is sparsely furnished at the moment. Being a student I am on a tight budget but I don't want my home to look like it is. I prefer to only purchase items I plan to keep long term rather than short term solutions. I like to combine my kijiji finds with splurge items. Although I still try to get the splurge items for a deal.

 My first purchase for the new place was the sofa I picked up at Zepher Rug and Home here in Halifax. I knew from past experience that the sofa was going to have to be the splurge in the livingroom, this one from Van Gogh was the winner. Love at first sight and it was discount by nearly a grand! I'm not above buying the floor model thank you very much.







No comments:

Post a Comment